Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vancouver Vacation comes to an end

Sunday, July 8th

Last night in Vancouver - alone.

My family departed on the red-eyes last night except for my CA family who departed this a.m. and convinced me to stay an extra night to recuperate - good advice.  I've had a very relaxing day and brought this nice, fast-paced week+ to a better end than rushing off.

Only bad news is that my FL family had a LONG delay in Vancouver, missed their connecting flight out of TX so are a day delayed.  Of course it's the family with the baby.  Hope they are comfortable now and will get home quickly tomorrow. 

We've been here since the 4th and crammed in:

Totem Pole in Stanley Park

Gastown,   Robson Street,   Granville Island

Vancouver Island to include Victoria: 
Parliament building
(Victoria is the "capital" of British Columbia)
and Butchart Gardens:
Just one of the beautiful views
Patrick went with me to the gardens

Zip-lining for some - not me!

and lots of incredible gelato: 

2012 Award winner at the Florence Gelato Festival
Bella Gelateria


We had a beautiful hotel (thanks to Katie) (as we did in Seattle too):  Fairmont Pacific Rim
The views from my room were amazing - I never wanted to close the drapes.

Night view just as impressive
as day view
 
Holland America
Reflection in one of the
buildings outside my window of the mountains,  convention center and the water
 And here is my amazing family - minus Grace and Quinn at home with their Birdie and Grop.


L to R
son-Patrick & wife Joanna, Sue, Katie & son-Jeff
Antonia & daughter-Lorraine & husband Buzz
Patrick, Lorraine, Sue & Jeff
I'm off to get Rhoda tomorrow, back in Seattle, and will head her east to western WA, aiming for Glacier National Park in a few days.   Stay tuned!

















2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! How wonderful you could all gather together in such a gorgeous part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly was - a beautiful part of the country
      And truly is - a beautiful family - if I do say so myself:)
      Thanks.

      Delete